STEPS helps local churches support people who are struggling with unhelpful or addictive behaviours by offering a 12 week course through which people can discover new freedom.
Watch a video from Lars Due-Christensen, the founder of STEPS, describing the project:
TO REPLICATE THIS PROJECT YOUR CHURCH WILL NEED
- People with unhelpful or addictive behaviours
- Two volunteer group facilitators for every six participants
- A video conferencing platform such as Zoom or Google Meet
- Purchase STEPS manual (£15)
- Equipment (and links) to play the STEPS films for each week of the course
HOW TO RUN THIS PROJECT
- Recruit and then train volunteer group facilitators.
- Invite people to a STEPS introduction session.
- Encourage participants to sign-up to take part in the STEPS 12-week course (and purchase the accompanying book).
- Host a weekly STEPS meeting facilitating using the materials provided.